Puppy & Adult Dog Classes
Puppy Training & Adolescence Classes
Puppy Foundation – Tuesday 10:15 and/or Saturday 10:15
Adolescence/Adult Dog Class – Thursday 10:15 and/or Saturday 11:20
Beginners Gun Dog – Saturday only 13:30
Reactive Dog Group Training – By appointment/demand, please enquire.
Cotswold Pet Services Training Field, opposite Denfurlong Campsite (and the old Chedworth Farm Shop), Fields Rd, Chedworth, Gloucestershire GL54 4NQ
The Puppy Foundation Class in more detail:
- Basic commands such as Sit, Down, Watch-me, Stay/Wait, Walking with a loose lead, Recall and more
- Advice on jumping up and biting /chewing
- Increasing the owner/puppy bond
- Great chance to socialise your puppy with supervised socialisation.
- Advice on handling your puppy, feeding, home life, starting on the right track with behaviour at home.
- Dog equipment including leads, toys and whistles
- Home life and how it can affect training.
The Adolescence/Adult Class in more detail:
- Advancing the basic commands; Down, Watch-me, Stay/Wait, Walking with a loose lead, and Recall
- Plus learn new commands and exercises such as; Leave, Drop, Controlled meet & greet, How to train when the dog isn’t listening.
- Improving: Commands when there are distractions and Distance Control
- Retrieving games
- Dealing the adolescent dog
- And more!
Our training methods:
- We encourage as much owner participation as possible to benefit from the training
- Families welcome (and encouraged)
- Increasing the owners understanding of their particular dog and breed
- Positive training methods with gentle corrections. What we call a common-sense approach
- We do not use harsh physical methods or shouting
- Information on rewarding your dog the do’s and don’ts
- Games to increase mental stimulation and avoid boredom
- Short exercises changing frequently to avoid boredom and increase memory
Our trainers have a wide range of breed knowledge and welcome all breeds large and small into the classes.